Excerpts from the Washington Post, 12/24/2010
The exceptionally wintry weather in recent weeks has caused exceptionally sweeping shutdowns, delays and other problems. Cities such as London and Paris, not as accustomed to flying planes in below-freezing temperatures buckled under the snow. Travelers spent Christmas Eve camped in airports in Paris and Brussels…..after new snowfall and shortages of deicing fluid trapped passengers. In Brussels, the Red Cross was bringing in hundreds of cots for passengers spending the night at the airport. …passengers at the Paris airport were asked to leave a section of a major terminal…because of large amounts of snow on the roof. …Shortages of the (de-icing) fluid hit airports in Ireland and Belgium as well, leading to a domino effect of delays around the continent. …Surprise snow threw Ireland’s main Dublin airport into chaos with some 40,000 travelers stranded or delayed. …The unexpected Irish cold snap is also killing cows, sheep and pigs – and particularly young salmon at Ireland’s fish farms. …In Denmark, Police in the Baltic Sea island of Bornholm urged people to stay indoors…Some 400 passengers on two ferries to the island spent Thursday night on the ferries. …
Yup. It’s warming up.
No comments yet.
- Excise Tax On Gun Owners?
- Obama’s Health Care – End of Life Rationing Is Here.
- Government Health Care System 1
- Global Warming…
- Armed Society Is Polite Society
- ATF Attack On 2nd Amendment And Gun Rights
- NY 20th Congressional District Projection on Obama
- On Obama, taxes, deficit and freedom
- How Did Obama Get Voted In?
- 30,000 Gun Deaths per year!
- Creationism vs. Evolution
- Great response to a Gun Control article